Nov 3, 2008, 03:32 AM
Sorry to be so dumb but how do i add movies etc from bit torrent onto apple tv. I have tried using vlc but it just takes days. I live in an area not covered by itunes so cant buy items. Most of my tv is downloaded from mininova.
Nov 3, 2008, 08:10 AM
yo need to first convert it to a format that is recognized by iTunes. Try an app call visualhub.
Nov 3, 2008, 08:46 AM
You'd benefit a great deal from browsing this forum for an hour or so. Here's how I add media from Bit Torrent. iSquint and the other suggested application, Visual Hub are no longer available from the developer's website but you can find them elsewhere.
This converts the video file to a format that iTunes understands.
Source: random torrent, download, etc.
1. Drag file into iSquint.
2. Select "Optimize for TV"
3. Select "H.264 Encoding"
4. Deselect "Add to iTunes"
5. Press "Start" and wait
NEXT (adding cover art, description, etc.)
These steps will tag the new file with meta data such as actors, director, title, cover art, etc. and then add it to iTunes.
1. Open MetaX (http://www.kerstetter.net/page53/page54/page54.html)
2. Drag the newly converted file into the right-hand pane
3. Type in the movie title into the search pane on the right-hand side
4. Select one of the choices that it returns and the tags will automatically dump into the right fields
5. Click "Write & Share" and the video will be tagged and added to iTunes.