Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

npdale

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
Hi all I am in the market for a new editing screen and was wondereing if anyone could offer advice. I have upto £800 to spend and Ideally I would like a 30" monitor to work with my MacBook Pro.

Obvious contenders are the Apple 30" but is only available second hand at my budget and while I know second hand isn't bad - trust me it's bloody hard to get one.

Also seen the Samsung syncmaster 305T+ which reviews very well

But does anyone else have any advice or offerings for me to consider?

Would love the input... cheers :)

munnstermac

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2008
UK
If your in the UK check out eBay, I have been monitoring (excuse the pun) and they are going for about £800, or sometimes even less, I think I saw one go for £715 just yesterday. I think its down to the introduction of the new LED displays. Let us know how you get on.

arjen92

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2008
Below sea level
some other posters have said (in other forums) that you can just buy a dell screen. It has the same quality except that it's ugly and user friendly (like apple). But for the screen you can just use dell's one.

wheelhot

macrumors 68020
Nov 23, 2007
some other posters have said (in other forums) that you can just buy a dell screen. It has the same quality except that it's ugly and user friendly (like apple). But for the screen you can just use dell's one.
Interesting, same quality to what though?

I own a Samsung LCD monitor and it died after 2 years of use. That sucks.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Hi all I am in the market for a new editing screen and was wondereing if anyone could offer advice......

Here is a very good place to do basic research. You can find out which LCD panels are used by the top rated monitors (like the ACD) and then search for all monitors made using the same LCD panel. Or you can just search on 30" IPS panels.

http://www.flatpanels.dk/panels.php

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.