Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pushten

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 4, 2008
Hi everyone, this is my first post. I've been lurking around for some time and now I've finally got a new macbook 2.4 to replace my ibook g4. Anyway while I want to install Mac Office soon on my macbook I would like to know what should I check out for before I do so in case something's not right as I don't want to waste an installation. Some things I found different from the ibook was 'deleting' seems slower than what I remember. Is it supposed to be like that? Also I'm still not too used to the trackpad button; I have to use more effort than I thought to depress it.

Other than the above, everything seems fine. My top keys seem slightly slanted but it doesn't bother me. As for the battery cover, I have no intention of opening so I hope it stays problem-free.

Another thing, I bought an ipod nano to match and embarrassingly, I'm having trouble removing it from the plastic packaging. Anybody knows? :eek:

DannyBres

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2007
UK
open it and check cause itll be easier to swap now! than in X months when u replace the battery!

And pull the plastic tab on the top to remove the plastic and it will open

pushten

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 4, 2008
Okay I just got my ipod out! I'm still unsure if I should open the battery cover as I got my macbook direct from the supplier so I suppose it would be a hassle to go an exchange.

DannyBres

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2007
UK
Will be more hassle in X month! and an apple store will exchange it for you (but it probably wont be loose)!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.