PDA

View Full Version : Grammy swag for 2004 includes Apple iPod

MacBytes
Feb 7, 2004, 06:22 AM
Category: News and Press Releases
Link: Grammy swag for 2004 includes Apple iPod (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20040207072251)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by arn

michaelrjohnson
Feb 7, 2004, 12:30 PM
well.... let's see.

on one hand, that is pretty cool. smart marketing depts. around the country can instantly make their item "cool".

but on the other (much larger) hand, this is utterly disgusting. even though celebrities are still surprised to get gifts, it's (some people's) magnificent greed during the production of movies that makes this rediculus. for example, "friends" stars demanded over $700,000 EACH, PER EPISODE these last seasons. that is unreal!the only thing worse than this, is how much money baseball players make.

just my $.02

Doctor Q
Feb 7, 2004, 12:51 PM
They should throw some Pepsis in those baskets too. Star presenters need music to go with their iPods, you know.

Did you notice that one of the other gifts is laser eye surgery? Hey, how 'bout some liposuction too, for presenters whose weight has ballooned to over 110 pounds?

neoelectronaut
Feb 7, 2004, 01:31 PM
Since when do celebrities need to have gifts given to them? As if they can't already buy a billion and a half iPods with their daily salary.

That cheeezes me off.

Daveman Deluxe
Feb 7, 2004, 03:22 PM
I'm all against greed as much as the next guy, but as near as I can tell, the presenters aren't sitting there DEMANDING gift bags. It's not a case of presenters being greedy on top of their already high salaries--it's a way for the awards ceremonies to say thank you and to compensate the celebrities in question for helping out.

Furthermore, I don't think it's such a huge problem that actors/actresses get paid as much as they do. In the case of the cast of "Friends", they're simply asking for what they're worth to the producers. That's kind of the idea--a person should get paid what he or she is worth to the company. If you think it's bad that a movie star gets umpteen million dollars for being in a box office smash hit, then boycott his movie next time. That'll be that much less money in the producers' pockets, meaning the actor brought in less revenue, making the actor worth less.

gwangung
Feb 7, 2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Daveman Deluxe
Furthermore, I don't think it's such a huge problem that actors/actresses get paid as much as they do. In the case of the cast of "Friends", they're simply asking for what they're worth to the producers. That's kind of the idea--a person should get paid what he or she is worth to the company. If you think it's bad that a movie star gets umpteen million dollars for being in a box office smash hit, then boycott his movie next time. That'll be that much less money in the producers' pockets, meaning the actor brought in less revenue, making the actor worth less.

Really. All we're seeing here is rank jealousy of folks who're making more money than we are. It's not very becoming....

Far as I'm concerned, if a person can demand big bucks and get them, then more power to 'em....

Sabenth
Feb 7, 2004, 08:28 PM
well tickle me pink aint this just a larf ....

Mrs celeb walks on stange right says a few words with mr star celeb exit stage left. some rep from apple says exscuse i noticed your speach rather good you intrested in a FREEEEE!!!! GIFT Celebs been celebes will just go hell why not might as well. I dont see any issues with this some one came up with a great idea. It PAYS TO BE ONE STEP AHEAD...

Jerry Spoon
Feb 8, 2004, 12:12 AM
Laser eye surgery as a gift?

Where's the boob job and tummy tuck?

MrMacMan
Feb 8, 2004, 12:23 AM
Wasn't an iPod included with another gift basket for rich people?

Was it the Grammy's? I thought it was...

Last year perhaps? :confused:

Doctor Q
Feb 8, 2004, 12:42 AM
Hey Sabenth. Could you slow down your avatar a little? I'm feeling dizzy... the room is spinning.... oooooooooooh..... <sound of body hitting floor>

Photorun
Feb 8, 2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by MrMacman
Wasn't an iPod included with another gift basket for rich people?

Was it the Grammy's? I thought it was...

Last year perhaps? :confused:

Yep. iPods were in last year as well, I remember Jack at appleturns.com ranting about it.