PDA

View Full Version : Apple TV Syncing Files To Computer

tyzer
Nov 4, 2008, 12:08 PM
Hi,

I have just got an Apple TV, so i am still getting use to it and learning how it all works, but i have 1 issue which is annoying me a bit and i was wondering if anyone could give me some advice.

I am using my Apple TV for two things,

1) Downloading Video Podcasts
2) Sending Video Files From iTunes on My Computer to the Apple TV.

This is my problem....... When i download a video podcast on the apple tv, and then when i open up itunes on my, the apple tv syncs that video podcast and sends it to my computer, and its then its removed from the apple tv. I need to keep my computer and apple tv connected as i like sending video files from my computers itunes to the apple tv.

Can anyone help me with the problem of the apple tv always sending what i have downloaded to my computer. how can i stop that?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

fermentj
Nov 5, 2008, 11:20 AM
I'm not sure I follow you, I have my AppleTV connected to my RCVR which is conencted to my TV and I have no issues using the surround sound. My RCVR upconverts the Video and as long as I ripped the video in a high quality I think it looks just as good as HD content.

As far as the SYNC issue, turn the auto syncing off and then it wont do that anymore, it will just stream the content you are currently viewing.