Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stevemoore

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2008
Hi

I'd be very grateful if people could let me know if/when they know of any stock of new MBAs - particularly 1.86/128SSD - in UK stores.

I know Regent St has demo stock, but none to sell.

Thanks

Steve

darrellishere

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2007
Hi just thought I'd say that I went to regent street to have a look at some new rev. 2 demo units today! They were all still Rev. 1.

Didn't ask about stock levels but I'd bet they're not in the Uk yet.

Apple store online Uk still says shipping early november.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
I can corroborate the second poster...all the Air's i saw at that store were previous gens

smar

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2008
I called Westfield (White City) today for a friend, and they said they are expecting stock in about 5 days.

As an aside, my online order (which I placed last Tuesday 28th Oct) has shipped, and apparently is due for delivery tomorrow!

darrellishere

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2007
Wow, congratulations!

Let us know how it is!

P.S. I feel like the Revision 1, felt like a white macbook with the x1300! CHOPPY!

I have a suspicion that the new Air will be smooth as butter, like the New Mac-books! Amazing Machine, especially using Aperture!

Comparable performace to my Macbook pro with the 9400.

Running 100% Cooler too. ;)

AAARR! Time to put my Macbook Pro on Ebay LOL!

AndyGarton

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2007
I called Westfield (White City) today for a friend, and they said they are expecting stock in about 5 days.

As an aside, my online order (which I placed last Tuesday 28th Oct) has shipped, and apparently is due for delivery tomorrow!
What spec please? I ordered on the 15th and mine (1.86/128) still hasn't shipped :(

Peter-P

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2008
Bournemouth, UK
New MBA - Ordered 30 Oct - Attempted Delivery 5th November

As I turned into my road this afternoon a UPS van was leaving! I looked, and thought ... no, I hadn't received the usual UP tracking number. Got home, and there was an attempted delivery card from UPS!! Well, I shalln't be going out tomorrow - having read the other threads, I know I'm going to be well pleased - am awaiting the SSD MBA.

More, almost certainly, tomorrow!

Well UPS arrived today - with my Office for MAC!! So much for a MBA 128 SSD

smar

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2008
It arrived!

Arrived this morning - actually one day earlier than originally posted on the Apple Order status!

Mine is the 1.8 SSD model, and I didn't order anything extra with it. From what I read elsewhere, when you order any other bits at the same time, Apple consolidate the order somewhere in Europe, which can add to the delivery time...

So far so good. Haven't really noticed much difference to the old one (which was 64Gb SSD), though admittedly I've only been using it the last hour or so. Fan seems to kick in readily enough as before - I just did a Software Update on the OS, and fan kicked in and stayed on up for up to a couple of minutes after reboot (admittedly I had just installed Office before the update, so don't know if that impacted anything).

mhnajjar

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2008
Are you saying that you should have saved your money instead of upgrading to MBA2? :)

smar

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2008
Nope! As I had bought the older one a few days before the new one was announced, I just returned it after two weeks. So the new one didn't cost me extra...

However, now that I've played with this one since yesterday evening, I take back my comment about the fan. It does not come in as often as the old one did and when it does, it does not spin up as fast nor stay on as long when doing day to day stuff.

Not sure if it is wishful thinking, but feels a bit snappier in day to day use (remember my old one was SSD as well, and so quite snappy in starting apps/opening docs etc).

Video playback is better. I have installed Plex and use it to play live TV from my MediaPortal TV Server - works superbly with less streaking than previously.

stevemoore

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2008
In stock

answering my own thread, I guess x

In stock at Regent Street
They swapped my faulty new MacBook over with a smile and I'm currently migrating with time machine backup, which looks like it'll take 90minutes for 110GB!

I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks everyone

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
Regent Store out of stock again.

Called White City, was told that they had the new 1.86 in stock. Went to the store and was told they are yet to receive the new models.

I asked to leave my contact details for when they did arrive, and was told they do not provide that facility.....its not like u need a computer system to write an e-mail down and inform the customer.

BTW if you call the White City store, depending who u talk to u get an answer of 2 days to 2 weeks.

darrellishere

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2007
I suppose we will be waiting until December! for the base model to trickle into our stores.

Not too long I suppose! :)

Peter-P

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2008
Bournemouth, UK
MBA New Model - Just Received from Apple Store UK!

After a relatively short wait my MBA 1.86GHz / 128 SSD was delivered by TNT at 1100 Wednesday 12 November, together with Superdrive!

I ordered from Apple UK and spoke with a really helpful sales advisor Dean ... if anyone wants to contact him drop an email with your UK 'phone number and he'll call you back pretty quickly!

evans.d@euro.apple.com

Am now waiting for one of those great Vaja leather sleeves to protect it ... it's a bit small for my old MacBook case!

Hope this may help speed up orders for those waiting.

Thanks for all the helpful advice offered by others on this site - much appreciated.

darrellishere

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2007
Well Im gonna call the Apple Regent street store again! tomorrow,

I have a gift voucher and can only spend it in store!

Hopefully they will have stock of the ssd, by now?? but I have serious doubts.

Why when the ssd model has been available since mid october online, and to people in America, have apple not been supplying the uk stores!

Dos'nt make sensce to me, and shows the UK Retail are left in the dark and don't have a clue what's going on . EVER!

thechungster

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2008
I was in the Apple Store in Leicester a week ago, and they have no stock. The models that show it to the public were still the old models with the Micro DVI. I want them in stock now :(

Stu-13

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2008
Apple Kingston had them in on Friday, picked mine up on Saturday, none left by Sunday.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.