Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Benjamindaines

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2005
A religiously oppressed state
Depending on whether it's Studio 2 or not you will have Color (studio 2), Motion, Final Cut Pro, Motion, Soundtrack Pro, Compressor, Live Type, Cinema Tools, DVD Studio Pro, and Qmaster.

Just be sure that it comes with a box, all the discs, and a valid registration.

P-Worm

macrumors 68020
Jul 16, 2002
Salt Lake City, UT
keep in mind that there are supplimentary disks with templates and sound files on them. If I remember correctly, there is a total of 9 DVDs.

P-Worm

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
What problems could I run in to if I bought this on ebay?

A bunch if you are not careful. Make sure you are getting the ORIGINAL disks and a serial, if not then don't waste your time or money.

The best way to see if it's worth it is to compare what the seller is giving you for it and what can be had online or elsewhere. Right now, I have my local dealer selling it for $1049 and that's a steal IMO.

cpcarrot

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2008
The problem you have is you can never be 100% certain that the serial number is not in use somewhere else. It's fine if your buying off someone you know and trust to get it 2nd hand but buying it from an unknown you could potentially be throwing your money away. I personally would not buy software like that off e-bay.

blueicedj

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 11, 2007
thanks for your replies. I'm still not sure what I want to do, but I'll be checking very carefully to make sure that all is included and not in use...I just hope I don't get screwed over by someone...

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
thanks for your replies. I'm still not sure what I want to do, but I'll be checking very carefully to make sure that all is included and not in use...I just hope I don't get screwed over by someone...

I personally just wouldn't purchase such an expensive and intensive application from eBay. How bad do you need the apps? And how much of a discount are you looking for?

firstapple

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2007
eBay is hit and miss. I personally would not buy anything over $100 on eBay as I don't trust people I can't meet up with. I would rather buy from people on here and Craigslist.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.