Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

peqkid

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 4, 2008
so, i recentally got a 5g 30gb ipod from a friend with a broken hd. i replaced it with another and that hard drive is corrupted. i tried to format it, but it says its RAW and 0 memory on it. i ran diagnostic mode on the ipod and it says it has 90 sumtin gb, and its a 30gb hd. so, im outta ideas, i tried formatting with itunes, and windows explorer...

-thanks for your time!

evlctgy

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2009
Similar Problem

A friend of mine broke his iPod. So I swapped parts from his and my broken iPod to make one good one. I wanted however to use his hard drive in it and not mine. There is a wire connecting the hard drive the the motherboard. I moved the wire from my hard drive to my friend's hard drive and ever since then it hasn't been working, when you go into the bios testing it comes up with incorrect hard drive Specs like Size:96 GB and Temperatures of 1952973120 C. I am thinking the problem is the cable between the motherboard and the hard drive disk. =[

Regards, The Honorable, Stephen Arsenault.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.