Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jayeskreezy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 3, 2005
Ok so I just got a used Blackbook on ebay and the seller has a password on the computer AND they didn't send the original install disks that came with the computer. I have a project I need to do and need to install a program and I cant. What should I do? I've contacted the seller but I probably won't hear from them until tomorrow.

I called Apple and they said I have to have the seller ship them or pay at least $100 for new disks. I'm bummed about this because the computer comes with a 3 year Apple Care warranty, but I guess that doesn't cover the install disks.

Is there anything I can do? I REALLY need to install this program for work tonight if possible.

Vulcan

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
The password he set is most likely "password", it was the same for two older iMacs I bought from eBay.

Anyway, congratulations on the purchase! You may be able to take it to the genius bar and they will get it sorted out for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.