Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tigercat212

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 6, 2008
I have the "old" Macbook and I was wondering if there was an aircard that was compatible with the Macbook that is on the Verizon network? If there is not, do I have to buy AT&T service to use the aircard?

Thanks,

Tigercat212

Dairyman

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2008
yes you can just get the USB air card from verizion

or if you get the express slot one you can get a USB adapter for it off ebay

just did that with my new macbook works perfect

GfulDedFan

macrumors 65816
Oct 17, 2007
Indiana
Make sure that the Verizon USB is Mac compatible...some are some aren't.

I have the USB720 from Verizon and it works exceptionally.

rutiger

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2006
i've been using the um150 for the past year. it has worked great with all my macs and pc's.

Tigercat212

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 6, 2008
So...

So, the product in the link below will allow me to plug the product into my Macbook's USB port and I will be able to log onto the Internet and surf the web and check my emails from anywhere by connecting to the cell networks? Anywhere I am that has cell service I will be able to connect to the Internet?

Link: http://www.verizonwireless.com:80/b...t&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=3304

Thank you,

Tigercat212

quantumdrift

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
So, the product in the link below will allow me to plug the product into my Macbook's USB port and I will be able to log onto the Internet and surf the web and check my emails from anywhere by connecting to the cell networks? Anywhere I am that has cell service I will be able to connect to the Internet?

Link: http://www.verizonwireless.com:80/b...t&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=3304

Thank you,

Tigercat212

yep, that's what I have been using and it works great.

pw1388

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2007
Go check out best buy they always have those aircard for free with a 2 year contract.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.