Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maddenlo40

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2008
I got the new Aluminum MacBook about a week after it came out, ordering it online. I got it and could not be happier up to this point.

However, just today I noticed that the hard drive/battery panel does not lie flat on both sides. I was looking at it closer and I noticed a small dent on the right side. There is no impact mark or anything, just the bend in the metal. It makes the panel unable to fit properly. I have been INCREDIBLY careful with the computer up to this point. It hasn't even left my house yet. I cannot imagine that something I did caused the dent, considering I don't even set it down hard, much less drop it. I do admit that is what it looks like though.

My question is would AppleCare cover this? I bought the extended care, and I know it says they don't cover accidents. But I'm also aware that Apple has phenomenal costumer service. What should I do? Any and all advice would be very helpful.

Thanks

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
There have been countless threads here on MacRumors about the strange dents and loose covers on the new Aluminium MacBooks. Apple has been very good about replacing these laptops.

I'd backup your data and tell Apple about your defect.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.