Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kraftzwerg

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 8, 2005
I just received my new Alum MacBook and I'm annoyed by the loud clicking noise the touchpad makes when I press it. Does everyone get this loud click? Does it get better after a while the touchpad "wears in" ?

I know I can set the option to just tap instead of press for a click, put I don't like that option, because I tend to produce too many unwanted clicks ...

richorlin

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2007
Loud Macbook touchpad

I've been using mine for three weeks and it hasn't gotten and quieter. Either turn on "tap to click" or learn to live with it. You only notice it when there is no other ambient noise.

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Nov 27, 2007
Somebody commented in this forum before (about the loose battery covers) that they can put a small piece of paper under the trackpad, and this will quiet down the click. I think you can reach underneath the trackpad after removing the battery. Do a search.

kraftzwerg

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 8, 2005
Thanks, silverblack. I found the thread you are referring to - sounds like an acceptable fix, will try ...

Somebody commented in this forum before (about the loose battery covers) that they can put a small piece of paper under the trackpad, and this will quiet down the click. I think you can reach underneath the trackpad after removing the battery. Do a search.

tMac85

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2007
in a great place

that fix was for previous generation macbook pros. NOT aluminum. the glass track is a whole different story.

zombie1210

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2008
Mine makes a pronounced click, but I turned on tap to click, and I like that better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.