Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xwilx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
Dear guys,

I heard of some good comments about Mozy, and give it a try.

I installed the client, and using the free 2GB account to backup around 200MB of files.

Then recently I found my macbook not going to sleep. It would go to sleep if i close the lid, or choose to sleep from the menu, but not after the idle time set in energy saving option. The monitor does go to sleep, but the power indicator remains solid white.

I suspect it is Mozy, and so I uninstalled the client. Then the problem goes away. To reconfirm this, I installed Mozy again and the problem comes back. And I uninstalled it again and the problem goes away again.

Anybody experienced the same thing? Any configuration problem here?

Thanks in advance for any suggestion!

wil.

jskauppi

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2007
Finland
I'm experiencing the same issue with an iMac - display sleep works, computer sleep does not. I also tested disabling Mozy, and it cured the problem, so I'm pretty sure Mozy is the culprit.

What's curious is that I have been Mozy for a year, and did not have this problem before - it started some time during the past 2-3 months. I suspect there's a bug in a recent version of the software.

I've contacted Mozy support about the issue, and I'm waiting for more instructions.

Juha

jskauppi

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2007
Finland
Workaround

Mozy support advised me to downgrade to an earlier version, and it solved the issue for me. Here are the instructions I got from Mozy support:

Download an older version of Mozy:
http://www.mozy.com/downloads/mozy-1_0_1_0.dmg

1. Click on the Mozy icon and select “Configuration”. Once your configuration is open, you can click on “File”, and then “Uninstall Mozy”.
2. Mozy will prompt you to save your configuration. If you would like to save your configuration you can choose “Yes”, and a “State.db” file will be pasted to your desktop.
3. Reboot your computer and, if possible, log back in as administrator.
4. Download the attachment in my previous e-mail. Once it's downloaded extract the .zip file by right clicking (or Ctrl+clicking) the .zip file and selecting "Extract".
5. Open the package and click on “Mozy.pkg” to begin installation. After the installation is complete copy the state.db file on your desktop into the /Library/Application Support/Mozy folder.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.