Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joshuaaaron

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2008
Temecula, CA
so i dont like hard cases. im afraid they'll scratch my phone. and the silicone skins are really nice. but the color is starting to fade, and now the case is becoming transparent. i assume this will happen to any other color. and i cant find any other silicone cases like the belkins ones. anyone? silicone cases?

nimda0

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2008
D-town!
so i dont like hard cases. im afraid they'll scratch my phone. and the silicone skins are really nice. but the color is starting to fade, and now the case is becoming transparent. i assume this will happen to any other color. and i cant find any other silicone cases like the belkins ones. anyone? silicone cases?

All silicon cases will eventually scratch the chrome on the phone, and possibly the back. This is because they let dust and other particles in-between the phone and the case, then it moves around and causes friction.

However, if you really want a nice silicon case the best one i've seen so far is the incase black silicon case. I really liked it when i had it, but I returned it because it is only silicon and got the incase slider hard case. You can get it right from the Apple store or online on the Apple website.

The incase black silicon case is definitely the best rubber case.

gdeputy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
New York
you talking about the belkin with laser etching?

I love that case even tho its got alot of flaws!

with bodyguardz i'm not worried aobut any scratching but it's awesome looking case!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.