PDA

View Full Version : Grammy (education effort)

mattmack
Feb 9, 2004, 01:21 AM
I don't know if anyone else just saw this, but I was watching the Grammies and the Recording industy launched an education campaign aimed against downloading music. The commercial fetures a teen downloading music free and the music going off at a club. The basic message is clear don't download music your taking money from us, BUT the thing that sucks is it was obviously an ibook with tape over the apple and the download window had the Apple red yellow and green buttons. It seems our friends at the RIAA are somewhat biased agianst macs or if I was Apple I would be plenty upset at that commercial presenting my product in a very unfavourable circumstance. Can anyone say Lawsuit. There has got to be one or two of those lawyers on Apple's staff that can make something of this instead of bothering with rumors site shutdowns;)

Mac-Xpert
Feb 9, 2004, 10:42 AM
If there wasn’t a apple logo visible I doubt they would be able to make any case against it. With the iTunes store I think apple should really be seen as the frontrunner on legal downloading.

Just my thoughts on this...

mattmack
Feb 9, 2004, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Mac-Xpert
If there wasn’t a apple logo visible I doubt they would be able to make any case against it. With the iTunes store I think apple should really be seen as the frontrunner on legal downloading.

Just my thoughts on this...
I agree that apple is at the forfront of legal downloading. I know there is no real legal action they can take I was incensed that they would make such a product identifacation with a company that has been helping get rid of illegal downloads:(