PDA

View Full Version : Daily Telegraph in anti-iPod salvo

MacBytes
Feb 9, 2004, 12:05 PM
Category: Opinion/Interviews
Link: Daily Telegraph in anti-iPod salvo (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20040209130507)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

Bunzi2k4
Feb 9, 2004, 12:46 PM
wow... i didn't know owning an ipod would get me into a cult... what's the secret hand-shake she's talking about? i just baught the ipod because i'm tired of second rate mp3 players that don't have good support for the mac. can any1 enlighten me on this handshake? i would like to know...

habanero
Feb 9, 2004, 01:05 PM
First you move your right hand in a wavy motion. You extend it and touch the other poddies thumb with yours. In the same moment you form a fist with the rest of your fingers.
Now the two fists touch.
After this you extend your fingers and exchange a normal handshake with your fellow cult-member.

machinehien
Feb 9, 2004, 01:06 PM
sounds like a lot of hate.

"Why in my day we didn't have no fancy iPods! Bah! If you wanted to replay a favorite song you hummed it! You hummed it even if you couldn't remember how the song went or how the lyrics were and we could only remember a handful of songs that we passed down from generation to generation. That's how it was and dog gone it we liked it! We Loved It!"

Bunzi2k4
Feb 9, 2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by habanero
First you move your right hand in a wavy motion. You extend it and touch the other poddies thumb with yours. In the same moment you form a fist with the rest of your fingers.
Now the two fists touch.
After this you extend your fingers and exchange a normal handshake with your fellow cult-member.

o dude that's tight!!! how come that wasn't in the ipod handbook?

Stike
Feb 9, 2004, 02:06 PM
I think the author has never heard of methods to avoid peer pressure...

nagromme
Feb 9, 2004, 03:52 PM
Am I the only one who thinks she cleverly crafted her article to promote iPods?

She's slipped in more detailed info about the features and benefits of an iPod than any review I've seen, while making the positives sound rational and then negatives sound ignorant. There's even a nice picture of both iPod lines.

How could you read that and not want one?

Photorun
Feb 9, 2004, 08:49 PM
Beats cults where one has to drink funny tasting Koolaid.

I think she's just bitter and upset because she obviously is not cool enough to own an iPod! :D

Bunzi2k4
Feb 9, 2004, 09:11 PM
i bet she bought the dell dj! WhatALoser! lol