Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SimonMW

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
I just bought the Rebel Touch for my iPod, so I thought I would just let others who were considering it know my thoughts.

Overall I think that it is a fantastic case. It goes on easily and looks really good. The only drawback to it is the screen protector.

The trouble with the screen protector is that I have found it almost impossible to get a totally air bubble free application of it. When I did manage to do it, when I attached the case itself it pushed on the sides of the screen protector causing it to lift at the edges.

The other problem I have found with the screen protector is that it shows finger prints like crazy! Whether I just have particularly greasy fingers I don't know! But I have found that this screen protector does show up marks, dust, and fingerprints much more than the iPod screen without it. So I'll be looking elsewhere for a screen protector.

Anyone know of a good anti-glare one that doesn't drastically reduce quality?

biikman

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2008
I just bought the Rebel Touch for my iPod, so I thought I would just let others who were considering it know my thoughts.

Overall I think that it is a fantastic case. It goes on easily and looks really good. The only drawback to it is the screen protector.

The trouble with the screen protector is that I have found it almost impossible to get a totally air bubble free application of it. When I did manage to do it, when I attached the case itself it pushed on the sides of the screen protector causing it to lift at the edges.

The other problem I have found with the screen protector is that it shows finger prints like crazy! Whether I just have particularly greasy fingers I don't know! But I have found that this screen protector does show up marks, dust, and fingerprints much more than the iPod screen without it. So I'll be looking elsewhere for a screen protector.

Anyone know of a good anti-glare one that doesn't drastically reduce quality?

I'm using this:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/TU300LL/A?fnode=MTY1NDA4Mg&mco=MjQyNzMxMQ

and so far (about 2 weeks) love it. Barely show finger prints barely at all, and I found it pretty simple to install as long as you prep right such as wash hands, wipe work area etc..

ballerchild

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2008
I'm using this:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/TU300LL/A?fnode=MTY1NDA4Mg&mco=MjQyNzMxMQ

and so far (about 2 weeks) love it. Barely show finger prints barely at all, and I found it pretty simple to install as long as you prep right such as wash hands, wipe work area etc..

This one is an awesome screen protector. My girlfriend has it on her iPhone and you barely see fingerprints and it gives it a nice texture to the screen so your finger doesn't get caught up on it. I've been wanting to get this for my IPT, but I've been too lazy to go out and pick it up.

SimonMW

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
Just a quick update. On the advice here I got myself the Power Support Anti-Glare screen protector.

I am very happy with this purchase. It fits nicely with much less hassle than the Rebel screen protector. It also makes the screen much smoother to operate.

There is the tiniest amount of reduction in quality due to the anti-glare properties, but in reality it really is not noticeable (and I am VERY finnicky about that sort of thing).

As others have said, no fingerprints are seen on the screen now either! :)

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
Well they found a mistake or w.e you wanna call in the case. Defect is the word i'm looking for. Wow. Okay. So i sent them the email saying i'd like the replacement which they said okay we will give for free. They sent me yesterday, the iPhone 3G case (Rebel Capsule) and not Rebel touch.

Bob Chadwick

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2008
when I attached the case itself it pushed on the sides of the screen protector causing it to lift at the edges.

That's the same problem I'm having. A good install of the screen protector but within a short period of time the case starts to force the edges of the protector up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.