PDA

View Full Version : Activating Iphone 3g(with gevey Turbo Sim) and Setting up Tzones.. help please

sagarrana55
Nov 10, 2008, 02:17 PM
ok guys i posted this thread in tips, troubleshooting sextion but after 2 days there were no replies so i posted it here. and i have been searching for this whole day but couldn't find proper answer... got iphone without AT&T sim just unboxed it.. and also got Gevey Turbo Sim to unlock it. i got new t-mobile plan.. without data plan.. now before i do anything please guide me how do i activate my iphone. if i plug it into itunes without sim card(t-mobil) will it activate my phone.. or do i have to put my turbo sim and t-mobile sim in iphone and then connect to itunes. will it activate my phone.. and after activating to use t-zaones($5.99 plan) i just have to turn of the 3g and turn on the roaming and then set APN to epc.tmobile.com.. thats all or do i have to call t-mobile and tell them that i want t-zone plan which is $5.99. should i tell them what phone i am using? please help...

jason.bourne
Nov 10, 2008, 02:42 PM
First thing you will want to do is jailbreak the phone using QuickPwn or your software of choice. Somewhere in that process it should "activate" the phone for you.

Put the Tmobile Sim and Gevey into the phone and it should automatically put you on tmobile using your plan without issue. Next, sign up for Tzones...you'll need it. Then go to Settings, General, Network, Cellular Data network, and put in epc.tmobile.com

You may or may not have to reboot your phone at this point...it's varied for me on my and my wife's iphone. Either way, when you reboot you should have edge coverage and be good to go.

Hope that helps you out, I searched and read for a long long time to figure everything out, but now my iphone works perfectly on tmobile and my bill each month is cut in more than half from AT&T.

sagarrana55
Nov 10, 2008, 04:00 PM
how do i sign up for Tzones plan..????

iSpencer
Nov 20, 2008, 02:26 AM
Call TMobile or do it from your online account.