PDA

View Full Version : Farkers attempt comedy by "Photoshopping" a G5

MacBytes
Feb 9, 2004, 03:37 PM
Category: Humor
Link: Farkers attempt comedy by "Photoshopping" a G5 (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20040209163757)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

wordmunger
Feb 9, 2004, 03:42 PM
Most of them were *very* old jokes, but I thought the "Barbie Edition" was pretty funny.

COS
Feb 9, 2004, 04:06 PM
Why is it that Windows people have absolutely no photoshopping skills.

I mean, even the lame attempts at silly designs from sites like SpyMac are better than these.

1macker1
Feb 9, 2004, 04:42 PM
Some of those were pretty funny, some was not.

mrsebastian
Feb 9, 2004, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by COS
Why is it that Windows people have absolutely no photoshopping skills.

I mean, even the lame attempts at silly designs from sites like SpyMac are better than these.

lmao! that was funny, unlike the badly photochopped pictures. seems to me that these bozos are the kinda people that would spend $10,000 modding their civic to get 50 more horsepower, instead of buying a better/faster car for the same amount of money. before the flame throwers come out... i like the civic, but why not take that money and by a nice used lexus gs or something... sorry for going off on a tangent, but i had this argument with a friend the other day.

jettredmont
Feb 9, 2004, 04:49 PM
My ratings (out of 10)

Photoshopping Quality: 3.5 (my dad could do better than most of those)

Humor: 1.5 (Old "jokes", plus a number that didn't make sense at all like the 'you wanted to run 3 apps without getting a Blue Screen of Death" which I wasn't sure how that would apply to a G5 at all ... these lusers realize the Mac doesn't run Windows, right?)

Factual Accuracy: 0. Come on. Comparing a G5 to a Celeron? Jobs dumpster diving behind Intel (one of the worse photoshopping skillz posts too; at least make things proportionate!). If you're going to diss the G5 you have to at *LEAST* base your complaints on a top-of-the-line AMD processor, not some outdated rubbish from Intel!

Maturity Level of board: 2 (slightly higher than your average 13-year-old).

Gizmotoy
Feb 9, 2004, 04:59 PM
Oh come on... factual accuracy? The whole point of such a contest is exaggeration. They would be boring if each had to be checked for "factual accuracy".

Lighten up a bit. There were some good ones in there. The orange Ricer-G5 was hilarious.

shamino
Feb 9, 2004, 05:00 PM
A lot of the images shown were pretty stupid, but there were a number of funny ones.

Like the person with the Dremel drilling out all the holes in the front panel.

Another I like is the image of the Mac growing on a tree branch, with the caption "Well you don't want to pick them too early."

Remember, the theme was "What Apple is doing to submitter's new G5 that takes an entire week before it ship".

Nermal
Feb 9, 2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by jettredmont
Factual Accuracy: 0. Come on. Comparing a G5 to a Celeron? Jobs dumpster diving behind Intel (one of the worse photoshopping skillz posts too; at least make things proportionate!).

Is that what he was doing? The picture was so bad that I couldn't tell!

Edit: Now that I actually look at it, it's blatantly obvious. Maybe I'm just stupid :(

the_mole1314
Feb 9, 2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Nermal
Is that what he was doing? The picture was so bad that I couldn't tell!

Edit: Now that I actually look at it, it's blatantly obvious. Maybe I'm just stupid :(

Don't worry, I didn't get it either. At first I thought it was Jobs thowing away the crap at Intel....

My favorite was the dremel one. But others just boarder on retard level.

whocares
Feb 9, 2004, 05:45 PM
What is it with these guys wasting time on poor PS jobs of the G5? Why such a need to bash the Mac? Me thinks they're afraid :p

The Dremel one was really funny though (along with the hammer/nail one).

jasonbw
Feb 9, 2004, 05:46 PM
Farks photoshop contests have been pretty boring recently - this one was no exception. It seemed like every 3rd one was a g5 case with an intel chip of some kind.

Somethingawful.com did two really good ones this week...although the caption/ comedy goldmine one just barely qualifies on the photoshop end.

STITCHES
Feb 9, 2004, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by jasonbw
Farks photoshop contests have been pretty boring recently - this one was no exception. It seemed like every 3rd one was a g5 case with an intel chip of some kind.

Same thing with the hamster wheels.

simX
Feb 9, 2004, 07:54 PM
I have to agree... the only really funny one was the pic of boring each and every hole out of the front of the case (a.k.a. the dremel one). :)

Photorun
Feb 9, 2004, 08:45 PM
Hah ha haa... oh, hey wait, none of them were remotely funny. Love to meet the pathetic kindergarden level photoshop lusers that feebily made these so I could congratulate them to the head with a tire iron.

More proof the world is full of *********g morons.

beefstu01
Feb 9, 2004, 09:52 PM
Hey... I post at Fark, does that make me a moron?

...It's a traaaap

/ducks and runs

Okay okay, yeah, the photoshops have been sorta bad recently, but the audioedits are hilarious.

MrMacMan
Feb 10, 2004, 04:39 PM
I like the riced G5... haha funny...

But the other ones are just dumb...

Hampster --> G5? wtf?
Celeron/PII --> G5? um... lame. Everyother processor on the world can beat those POS.

Krizoitz
Feb 10, 2004, 04:54 PM
“Anger, fear, aggression; the dark side of the Force are they."

Why is it Windows users are so hateful towards Macs?

luismarcelo24
Feb 11, 2004, 10:48 AM
OK, look, some of you need to get a grip on reality. No insult was intended by putting a celeron or pII graphic on the G5. I know, because I'm the idiot that did both of them.

There was no implied "comparison" of performance. The G5 is obviously superior. The theme was "what they're doing to it". If I ordered one and it shipped with celerons...

I had a few minutes at work, and it was a simple cut n' paste. Yes, my ps skills suck, some of the entries were lame and not very well executed, but Fark isn't worth1000.

luismarcelo24
Feb 11, 2004, 11:01 AM
Don't know. Why are mac users so elitist?

I need to use both.
Work: PC with 23" hd cinema display to run ProE, Solidworks, SolidEdge, and Autocad.

Home: G5, dual 2.0, 4g memory, 20" cinema display, 40g iPod.

the_mole1314
Feb 11, 2004, 11:32 AM
I don't have problems with yours, just the one that said that they were making the Mac crappy by not having games on it.

shamino
Feb 11, 2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Krizoitz
Why is it Windows users are so hateful towards Macs?
Most aren't. But the people who don't have strong opinions don't constantly talk about it on newsgroups, mailing lists and blogs.

As for those who are hateful, it's to be expected. Anything that is popular will have zealots and detractors. The only things that don't suffer from this are simply unpopular and are generally ignored.