PDA

View Full Version : What am I missing? - MBP, Logic Studio 8, Apogee Duet & Rode K2

r.jacobs
Nov 10, 2008, 06:55 PM
Hey guys,

I have recently purchased my MBP (Late 2008) and have been learning more about setting up a home studio for music recording.

Apogee Duet - I have been reading a lot about it and it looks like an audio interface that connects my Taylor acoustic-electric guitar and Rode K2 into it. Is this also the pre-amp that I'm reading about to power the condensor mic? I read on Apogee's website that it can power the mic so is that what it's for?

So basically, I have this set-up in mind:
MacBook Pro 15" - 2.4GHz, 4GB MEMORY & 250GB @ 7200-RPM
Western Digital - 500GB External Hard Drive
Logic Studio 8
Apogee Duet
Taylor 110ce
Rode K2

Is there anything essential that I need to complete this set-up in terms of using Apogee Duet? Or does anybody have a suggestion to replace something for something better or reasonable in the hardware set-up? I just want to know if all I need is Apogee Duet to record instrument and vocals.

Thanks.

xparaparafreakx
Nov 10, 2008, 09:03 PM
What do you have for headphones/monitors?

KRK Rokit 5 G2 sound really good for monitors. Headphones, being a DJ and so I have Ultrasone Proline 750 and Allen & Heath Xone XD-53.

Over all it looks really good and your going to love Guitar Rig Pro in Logic Studio. If your a big guitar person, after playing around for a while, try out Native Insturments Guitar Rig 3 with the pedal.