Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ref26

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2008
Does anyone else know about this? I'm looking to replace my HDD, ideally for Christmas, so I'm waiting for Seagate's next release.

waverling

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2008
I have actually contacted Seagate directly last week and found out that they have pushed the release date to the beginning of 2009.

RBR2

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2003
"February"

I spoke with Seagate CS today and they said that it should begin shipping to distribution channels the end of this month (January '09) and should be available at retail "in February".

imaswitcheryeah

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
Latest on the 500GB 2.5" 7200.4

I just checked yesterday or the day before, and OWC said it would be shipping in 3 days, and I just checked again tonight and the timeframe has been moved to 20 days.

:(

tenmiler

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2007
Summit county, Co
Available elsewhere

I have the same issue: Pending order at OWC, now moved to 19 days to ship. I spoke with a CSR who said that they got a notification from Seagate that they were delayed.

It's available, though, elsewhere, but I wonder if it might be best to wait for this next shipment--if there are some mfr improvements made along the line, etc? Sounds sort of hokey, but if not I'm going to cancel my macsales order and order from another retailer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.