Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
We had something worse than that here in the Boston area last year. It was at a hockey rink. Two dads were watching their sons practice. There was a disagreement over a call by the coach. The fathers were put outside the court itself. Another fight occurred. The larger father kept beating on the smaller. He died. The larger father was convicted of manslaughter and got about 10 years in prison. :(

spinner

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2002
South Dakota
When stuff like this happens it makes me wonder if it is really worth have sports programs at the jr high and high school level. Personally, I don't think some parents are "grown up" enough to handle it.

If incidents like these continue I would not be surprised if schools ban adults from attending activities. Kinda sad really. :(

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Philadelphia was really bad that way.

A friend of mine was an umpire for little league baseball. You can't imagine how many times he was threatened. No one ever took a bat to him but it wouldn't have been surprising.

Currently, I've been traveling around with the local high school wrestling team, photographing them. I must admit that these people are the nicest, most supportive sports parents I have ever met. As a matter of fact, some of the opposing teams parents have been a bit vicious with words, but there are no obscenities and certainly there is no violence. There, now I've said that there are two nice things about Floriduh. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.