Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jayded

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2008
hi.

so i've got this old ppc g4 1.2ghz that's my pet project, trying to prove to its previous owner (my gf) that it's still a viable laptop...so I upgraded from panther to tiger and the restrictive ram (256mb) is even more of an issue. Really sux. So I hit a hardware website and it specified that the memory in it is 200pin ddr sodimm pc2700. I love to get all my junk off craigslist, but man nobody has any of this. Wondering if ddr2/ddr3 would work if it fit. what about that whole 2700 thing, something i definitely have to stick to?

thanx in advance (or just thanx for bothering to read)

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
hi.

so i've got this old ppc g4 1.2ghz that's my pet project, trying to prove to its previous owner (my gf) that it's still a viable laptop...so I upgraded from panther to tiger and the restrictive ram (256mb) is even more of an issue. Really sux. So I hit a hardware website and it specified that the memory in it is 200pin ddr sodimm pc2700. I love to get all my junk off craigslist, but man nobody has any of this. Wondering if ddr2/ddr3 would work if it fit. what about that whole 2700 thing, something i definitely have to stick to?

thanx in advance (or just thanx for bothering to read)

DDR2 or DDR3 RAM will not physically fit. Which is fortunate because it won't work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.