Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

katielee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2008
Ok so i got my iphone about a month ago, and i love it except this one problem,
when someone calls me, even if they are in my contact book, their name wont show up.
Lets say I had a friend in my contact book named Brian call me, lets say his number was 111-222-3334

Well hes in my contact book and has a picture assigned to him, the whole shabang, but when he calls me, i do not see his name, nor his photo i only see "111-222-3334"
Basically i only see phone numbers when people call me.
How do i get it to show me their names and photos too when they call me?

(just a note, when I call someone else, their name and photo show up)

NeoMayhem

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2003
Ok so i got my iphone about a month ago, and i love it except this one problem,
when someone calls me, even if they are in my contact book, their name wont show up.
Lets say I had a friend in my contact book named Brian call me, lets say his number was 111-222-3334

Well hes in my contact book and has a picture assigned to him, the whole shabang, but when he calls me, i do not see his name, nor his photo i only see "111-222-3334"
Basically i only see phone numbers when people call me.
How do i get it to show me their names and photos too when they call me?

(just a note, when I call someone else, their name and photo show up)

Try putting a 1 or +1 in front of a number and see if it shows up then. ATT has been having some issues sending caller id data to my phone occasionally. It will show up in a variety of formats that the iPhone doesn't recognize, so it just shows the number.

katielee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2008
Try putting a 1 or +1 in front of a number and see if it shows up then. ATT has been having some issues sending caller id data to my phone occasionally. It will show up in a variety of formats that the iPhone doesn't recognize, so it just shows the number.

AH!! thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!!
it works now!!!!! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.