Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MACoconut

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
hi everyone. as below this is an example of what my ipod touch 2G is experiencing right now.

theres a little border at the top. that is not lighted up. the screen looks shrinked downwards. the entire ipod interface is not taking up the entire screen. theres about a 2mm-3mm gap from the top of the screen to the interface!

is the a hardware/software problem? anyone experiencing the same issue as well. rebooted the ipod touch a few times, didn't work as well.

don't think that entire stretch are dead pixels as sometimes it is normal where the entire interface took up the entire screen but sometimes it gets a little abnormal :(. so should i send it back to apple for repair or do a restore?

IPT.jpg

PS: the red box drawn is not shown on the ipod. drew that to show all of you the gap between the top to the interface. please help :(

dawnraid

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2007
Photos?, just to let you know that their is a 3 pixel gap all the way around my screen, which is normal.

MACoconut

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
are you sure its normal? bcos. sometimes the gap just miraculously closed up by itself

kwk1

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2008
Canada
I don't have a gap as large as yours appears to be.
I certainly don't have enough room to stick another battery icon between the battery icon and the top of the screen.

I'd try a restore, then try Apple.

EDIT: I also don't have a white strip along the very bottom like yours either.

MACoconut

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
the white strip is not there. accidentally put in there.

anyway. do u have a small gap in-between?

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
The battery icon should be just under the top of the LCD screen; either you have faulty hardware that shows things lower on the screen than they should be, or you're accidentally thinking the space around the LCD is actually part of the screen.

MACoconut

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
DSC00006.jpg

is this normal to you? taken it using my phone's camera. not that clear though :(:(

EDIT: THE RED BOX indicates where the gap i am talking about all along.

kwk1

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2008
Canada
No, the gap on mine is less. Crappy picture, sorry.:(

Attachments

• IMG_0318.JPG
    IMG_0318.JPG
    364.3 KB · Views: 58

kwk1

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2008
Canada
Well, after examining mine again, and looking at your last pic, I think yours is okay.
If it really bothers you, take it to a store and compare it to another one.
Then you'll know for sure, and exchange it if it's no good.

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
is this normal to you? taken it using my phone's camera. not that clear though :(:(

EDIT: THE RED BOX indicates where the gap i am talking about all along.

That's about right, there's supposed to be a gap like that around the screen; the size of the gap varies between iPods.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.