Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chase R

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 8, 2008
PDX
When do you think Apple will offer a mini-Displayport to Displayport adapter, or even a cable? This would be nice with the new Displayport monitors that are coming out.

tuc

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2003
When do you think Apple will offer a mini-Displayport to Displayport adapter, or even a cable? This would be nice with the new Displayport monitors that are coming out.

I don't know if Apple will ever offer one, though I think it should. Third parties should offer them before too long, or you could try making your own though I doubt that way will actually work.

AndrewLang

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2009
Mini Displayport to Displayport Adapter Soon Available

I just wanted to let you know that we are actually working on this adapter currently and it should be available soon at a very affordable price. Its a great solution for hooking up your Mac to one of the new monitors that support DP because there is no compromise in resolution or signal quality. More pictures and info are available here: http://estore.circuitassembly.com/catalog/blog/?p=50

Any feedback would be much appreciated as we have relied heavily on Mac users in developing this product and would appreciate further comments.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.