PDA

View Full Version : Garage Band to Logic Pro (guitar input question)

okrelayer
Nov 14, 2008, 09:19 AM
Hey Guys I have a pretty simple question. I plug in my guitar through a boss gt6, and i use the cable and plug it into the audio in jack on my Mac. In garage band i can easly open a new track, set up mono 1 built-in input and it reconizes the guitar instantly, and i can use the device.

How would i do that in Logic Pro/Express?

thewright1
Nov 24, 2008, 05:24 PM
Hey Guys I have a pretty simple question. I plug in my guitar through a boss gt6, and i use the cable and plug it into the audio in jack on my Mac. In garage band i can easly open a new track, set up mono 1 built-in input and it reconizes the guitar instantly, and i can use the device.

How would i do that in Logic Pro/Express?

If you're using the audio in jack on your mic, you should just be able to add a new track and get busy. Go to your logic preferences and see if your device is set to Built in Line Input. If so, then make a new track by clicking on the plus arrow just above all of your tracks. Make sure you have the following settings Number:(however many number of tracks you want), Type: Audio, Format: Mono, Input: Input 1, Output: Output 1-2, I usually check input monitoring and record enable as well. See if that works for you and let us know your results.