Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DRIVAR

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2008
Well I put my order in for a 2.4ghz macbook on in on friday night after work when I confirmed my funds! I must admit i'm very excited!! I love the look of the new macs and can't wait to get my hands on it! I've been a pc boy all my life and now it's finally time for the change and I dont think i'll look back :)

I just have a question though, it sais the laptop ships within 24hrs.. i'm guessing that doesnt include weekends as its still saying not shipped yet?

Thanks
B.

therealdt

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2008
northeast region
I bought my shuffle off apple on a Sat, and I received it Tues. I live in the Northeast and the depot it came from was loacted in NC (i think).

weekends doesn't count, shipping was quick though

bankerkys

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2008
Congratulations. I just picked up a new Macbook Pro today (I exchanged a defective one :(). I get my new iphone tomorrow. :D

youssefm

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2008
oh the expedited shipping isn't that good with apple, things tend to come at the same time expedited or not lol, but i always get my replacement stuff and repair stuff the next day.. the warehouse they sent stuff from for me is only a state away =D

therealdt

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2008
northeast region
I'm sure you should receive within a few business depending how close you are to their depot. they should have MacBooks in stock unless they come off the slow boat.

nubee

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2008
Mine shipped from China, and if I remember correctly, on my UPS tracking page, it looked like they processed it over the weekend. So I don't think they have off days. Could be wrong though.

DRIVAR

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2008
It just arrived!!
Well from the tracking sheet it started being processed first thing monday morning and just arrived at my house today, so all up 1 1/2 days to get from sydney to perth!
I assume they have a stockpile in sydney...

now i have to wait 4hrs until i get home *yawn*
Sux being at work :(

Primejimbo

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2008
Around
It just arrived!!
Well from the tracking sheet it started being processed first thing monday morning and just arrived at my house today, so all up 1 1/2 days to get from sydney to perth!
I assume they have a stockpile in sydney...

now i have to wait 4hrs until i get home *yawn*
Sux being at work :(

it's going to be a long 4 hours now :p

DRIVAR

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2008
so i finally got it :)

it's perfect!!

No flaws, no bad screen, keyboard, battery cover etc.

Very happy, started to worry hearing about peoples dodgy laptops coming in.. so im happy :)

Funny its such a good looking laptop i dont even wana touch it!!

Twilight Elk

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2007
Arizona
so i finally got it :)

it's perfect!!

No flaws, no bad screen, keyboard, battery cover etc.

Very happy, started to worry hearing about peoples dodgy laptops coming in.. so im happy :)

Funny its such a good looking laptop i dont even wana touch it!!

Congratulations on receiving your MacBook. I, too, got the 2.4GHz, but from the Apple Store. Mine is flawless too, so I understand you excitement :D

People should understand that flaws in computers are usually scattered and rare. It seems like everyone complains about their new MacBook because this is a Macbook thread and we are in a Macintosh-friendly website.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.