Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shadowschild

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2008
So I did it! I took the leap! I moved from FCE to FCS in FCP what is the major differences between FCP and FCE?

fluidedge

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
So I did it! I took the leap! I moved from FCE to FCS in FCP what is the major differences between FCP and FCE?

Not much to be honest!

Actually thats not true at all, don't get me wrong FCP IS an upgrade from FCE but the basic principles of cutting clips are exactly the same. The skills of video editing are not installed with the software :p

tri3limited

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2008
London
It's mainly about the other bits of software... Color is worth that alone and while many people don't rate Motion in comparison to After Effects for what it does (Motion Graphics for those who have forgotten!) it is a pretty clever bit of kit. Optical flow and Steadicam are awesome additions. Plus Soundtrack Pro can be useful as can DVD Studio Pro (despite it's arguably complicated interface!)

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
FCP supports batch capturing, many more formats, IIRC it has better keyframing... I've never used FCE so I can't really give a big run down of the differences. Many of the differences will probably invisible if all you are doing is simple type stuff.

Lethal

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.