Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nicolecat

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 2, 2008
I don't know about the rest of you...but I am usually in a hurry. But, even when I have time to play games on my phone...I still bustle right past the ads without even reading them or even noticing who's ad it might be.

Maybe, it's because in my daily job...I'm constantly dealing with ads...but, as much as I realize them to be a burden...I know that some apps just couldn't be free without them.

Just curious as to how many others gloss over them as well. :D

Big-TDI-Guy

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2007
YES! YES, I read them. Yeah. I can't look at my app or use it without first clicking on an ad. So, yeah, keep them "free" apps coming. ;)

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
I only have one app that has ads - The Weather Channel app. I notice the ads, but don't really pay attention to them and I don't click on them either.

efp1

macrumors 6502
Oct 3, 2008
UK
I never read the ads :eek:

I know, I know.... Gotta keep the apps free. Don't mind paying for apps though, as long as they're good!

jaseone

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
Houston, USA
Personally I would love to see the ad supported model completely disappear, there was a great article recently on 37 Signals about getting real and charging for your product as opposed to being an advertising company's bitch.

detz

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2007
Statistics show that for every 100 people 3-5 will "click" on the ad on average...even on the iPhone. :D

detz

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2007
Personally I would love to see the ad supported model completely disappear, there was a great article recently on 37 Signals about getting real and charging for your product as opposed to being an advertising company's bitch.

Why would something that works so well for so long and for so many people disappear because some people don't like it? That does not make very good business sense. :p

liptonlover

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2008
I like ads because they make things I want free. I also like them because good ads will advertise something I'm interested in. Unfortunately the iphone ones have been disappointing so far.

jaseone

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
Houston, USA
Why would something that works so well for so long and for so many people disappear because some people don't like it? That does not make very good business sense. :p

It works well mainly just for the advertisers so why can't a better model be implemented to provide more benefit to us consumers? I already get bombarded with enough information these days and don't need ads to add to my information overload.

Macgic

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2007
It works well mainly just for the advertisers so why can't a better model be implemented to provide more benefit to us consumers?

What would be better for the consumer? its already good if you ask me its a win/win situation. The developer gets money for his work, the consumer gets product for free (or cheaper than normal?), and the advertiser well advertises...:cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.