PDA

View Full Version : mac site with a new look

clubmedia
Feb 12, 2004, 01:37 AM
hey everyone. just got a whole new clubmedia.com (http://www.clubmedia.com) redesigned and up

its a major leap fromt the previous version and much more user friendly i think

lots of mac and design links within.

let me know what you think please

lookin for problems with links and browser issues. or whatever you run across that isn't right

edesignuk
Feb 12, 2004, 02:34 AM
The link at the bottom of the page for the RSS feed looks like this:

Syndicate (XML RSS) (http://www.clubmedia.com/%3C$MTBlogURL$%3Eindex.rdf)

And needless to say, it don't work! :eek: :)

mnkeybsness
Feb 12, 2004, 10:03 AM
when i first went to the page i noticed quite a few things

[load time]: took way to long to even get the background up

[boring]: i saw too much text and no graphics... made me bored and want to close the window immediately

[what is it?]: i saw nothing that explained what the purpose of the site is... media for clubs? perhaps you should put something up their on the main page, easy to see, that is a short explanation of the site.

i like to stay by the KISS (keep it simple stupid) rule, but there is a point at which you are too simple and nothing grabs anyone's attention... making them bored...

whawho
Feb 12, 2004, 10:27 AM
I think the site is clean and well coded.. I did notice the slow load time as well, which is unusual with a XHTML Strict site.. I think if instead of using just a texture on the background of the header... if you used a good graphic with some variety and bold colors and contrast I think your site would be really nice because I really like the rest of the design... I love the curves... on the content boxes...

All the best,
Scott

CmdrLaForge
Feb 12, 2004, 11:36 AM
I find it a little bit difficult to read. The color of the text should be darker.

Beside that, very nice site !

clubmedia
Feb 12, 2004, 12:08 PM
thanks. all replies are appreciated and will definately be taken into consideration. i want it to be good too!

i am not sure why the load time is like that, i will be looking into it though definately

clubmedia
Feb 12, 2004, 10:16 PM
made recommended changes. hope its better now