PDA

View Full Version : Websites worth looking at

Judo
Jun 5, 2002, 03:48 AM
well we all know that theres alot of cr@p out there on the web but theres also a few gems out and about. As subjective as it is here are a few web sites I like and think are worth visiting to check out for yourself..

www.alternet.org An alternative news site that gives a different spin on the topics of today

www.howstuffworks.com Cool website that explians how heaps of stuff works

www.osxfaq.com OSX hints, tips and news

www.macosxhints.com Like osxfaq.com except more on the technical side of things

www.whatis.com Site that explains all those computer terms and acronyms, basically an IT encyclopedia.

theres probably a few of you who already know of these sites or maybe a lot, so if theres any sites you guys reccomend (or sites you've designed yourself) post 'em and I'll check them out :). I highly recomend alternet.org it's in my favorites and I check it out every day, I'll probably post some more sites later on if you guys like these ones.

Beej
Jun 5, 2002, 05:08 AM
You might want to check out this (http://www.macrumors.com/forums/showthread.php3?threadid=5921) thread from a day ago :)

Judo
Jun 5, 2002, 05:19 AM
heh cheers Beej, totally didn't see that thread :p

Judo
Jun 5, 2002, 05:20 AM
Hmmmm, having trouble trying to delete this thread now keeps saying I don't have permission, guess I can only edit and not delete posts/threads

Mr. Anderson
Jun 5, 2002, 07:27 AM
Don't worry about deleting the thread, there is nothing wrong with it. If it had only been your entry, it would have worked, but as soon as other members add posts, you can't delete it, only moderators can at that point.

D

eyelikeart
Jun 5, 2002, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by dukestreet
Don't worry about deleting the thread, there is nothing wrong with it. If it had only been your entry, it would have worked, but as soon as other members add posts, you can't delete it, only moderators can at that point.

D

he he he....true duke...very true...

so how are the mod-shoes fitting this week?? ;) :D

Mr. Anderson
Jun 5, 2002, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by eyelikeart

he he he....true duke...very true...

Well, I did close down that thread yesterday - the first one that got reported. I don't really do that much on the main forums, the Avatar contest gets most of my attention, I have to manually post every entry, and I have deleted some, moved others. So by the time I do that, someone else has usually dealt with the other ones.

We'll see how things go after the contest. We have to get on b2tm about becoming a demi-god, give him some crap today when you see him in the threads....I want to start discussing the issues for judging in the private forum.

britboy
Jun 5, 2002, 08:43 AM

We'll see how things go after the contest. We have to get on b2tm about becoming a demi-god, give him some crap today when you see him in the threads....I want to start discussing the issues for judging in the private forum.

Isn't it a slight problem for you three that the rest of us demi-gods will be able to see what you're saying? ;)

Mr. Anderson
Jun 5, 2002, 08:47 AM
Not really, we're not going to be discussing who's going to win, we're just going to outline the judging rules. Then they'll email me their picks. This way no one will find out before the official announcement.

Got to keep everyone in suspense. But with all the entries it might take a little while. I have a plan for organizing it, so we can go through and look at them in a coherent manner. That's why I started the thread with all the entries, I'll need to go and update that again soon.

D

eyelikeart
Jun 5, 2002, 08:47 AM
We have to get on b2tm about becoming a demi-god, give him some crap today when you see him in the threads....I want to start discussing the issues for judging in the private forum.

when I see him online...I'm on him like white on rice! :D :eek: ;)

Mr. Anderson
Jun 5, 2002, 08:50 AM
You hit him high, I'll hit him low....

Even if he doesn't become a demi-god by the time we're ready to wrap the contest, we could just do everything by email. The forum will be closed to new posts, but open for viewing.