Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pjonesCET

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2008
I have a Strange problem.

The problem either doesn't exist on one drive.
Exist for Acrobat 9 but not Reader 9 on another Drive.
Exist for Both on another computer. Both Computers are PowerPC Machines.
All use OSX4.11.

Problem Open a PDF, go to Page setup to select printer for first time.

click on any printer nothing Happens.

Have set both in Printer Setup and and Printer Fax Control Panel the correct Printer.

In the cases it works, as soon as Page setup window opens, indicates the printer.

In the cases It doesn't work, its shows Any Printer and no printer can be selected. It appears that, the Printer Set item for acrobat/Reader is corrupt but I don't knowwhat to do to fix.

jyll2008

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2008
Can not Set printer Type in Acrobat 9

I have the same problem. did you find the answer?

pjonesCET

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2008
No I haven't. Though there is a work around by just going to Print menu and choosing from there.

wongulous

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2002
Seriously? This is Design & Graphics. You are looking for technical help with something completely unrelated to designing anything.

telecomm

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2003
Rome
Seriously? This is Design & Graphics. You are looking for technical help with something completely unrelated to designing anything.

Seriously? :D

What does a problem with a print-related document setting affecting Adobe Acrobat Pro and Reader have to do with Design & Graphics?

Do you know what someone working in print design does?

wongulous

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2002
Seriously? :D

What does a problem with a print-related document setting affecting Adobe Acrobat Pro and Reader have to do with Design & Graphics?

Do you know what someone working in print design does?
Well, when you start having a backache, you go to your podiatrist and tell him that your body is "all connected," right?

This is a system troubleshooting and printing-related issue. You don't need to be sarcastic. I was straightforward and addressed the fact that this is another thread that is put in the wrong forum. I think it's best if we constructively address the issue of people misposting these problems in order for them to get the help/solutions/attention that they need. Do you disagree?

telecomm

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2003
Rome
...I was straightforward and addressed the fact that this is another thread that is put in the wrong forum. I think it's best if we constructively address the issue of people misposting these problems in order for them to get the help/solutions/attention that they need. Do you disagree?

I agree it would be nice to find an answer to the OP's question, but I don't think this thread is misplaced.

People working in Design & Graphics spend a good deal of their time troubleshooting issues related to the software they need to use, Acrobat among them. I can't think of a group of people better suited to address this question. But what would you suggest?

pjonesCET

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2008
Plus the Fact that most Print Houses use Acrobat/PDF to print Pages, documents, Books, Papers and such now. Not EPS, or PS. So Acrobat and PDF are a serious component of Design.

If you send out items to a Printer for professional Printing , they will most likely want a PDF version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.