Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which case?

• Brenthaven Trek

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brenthaven Edge I Jet Black

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Marware Sportfolio Deluxe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

roland.g

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 11, 2005
I bought a Mobile Edge Slip Suit in Black. I thought it would be great, but truth is it fits a bit tight and there is a little piece you have to really pull over the edge of the MacBook before you zip it. It also has a pouch which I like, but it bearly fits the AC adapter and no way you can really add the power cord extension or a mouse or anything.

So it is going back.

I really want a sleeve type case or a hybrid, something in between. It won't be going in anything else, so it has to have a handle or two, possibly a detachable shoulder strap for travel, room for at least the AC adapter and power cord extension but not much else. I would like it to be as compact as possible which is why I started looking at sleeves. So far I have found two cases that I think fit that bill.

I am thinking about either the Brenthaven Trek or possibly the Brenthaven Edge I SL Jet Black

or the MarWare Sportfolio Deluxe - definitely in black not blue

The Marware looks bigger but I think it is because the pocket really opens up when you unzip it. Supposedly it is fairly compact when closed, yet you can get a few things in there when you need to. Mouse or iPod, Power Adapter and extension cord.

Anyone with any of these cases, feedback or thoughts, Thanks. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.