Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wfiner

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 11, 2007
Just some things some people might want to know about.

I would just like to let everyone know that I had worked for Apple Support from about may to august. When the iPhone 3G was released, it came with firmware version 2.0 release as well. I handled all types of calls, but the one that got to me the most was when people would call about syncing Outlook 2003/2007 calendar with their iPhone. With version 2.0 it WOULDN'T work. The best it could do was maybe get lucky once in a thousand times and sync. Our managers, and our managers managers refused to acknowledge this as a bug.

This being said, we had to help a customer through a 21 step process that took nearly an hour and a half at minimum, every time. How many people do you think use an iPhone with Microsoft Outlook? Yeah...it's a lot.

This really made me think a lot less of Apple. To this day I don't even know if there is a fix, but they did not acknowledge this bug for a good month, though it was clearly a large one.

benzslrpee

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2007
in all sincerity, when the 3G was released they had hell of a lot more pressing issues than not being able to sync with outlook.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.