Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macduke

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007

Attachments

• 763299.jpg
    763299.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 114

jah921123

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2008
It's pretty interesting. The framerates were kinda choppy (at least for me), but the graphics and sounds were pretty good overall. The controls took a little getting used to but thankfully the aiming is actually pretty forgiving. There are a ton of maps to play on, too.

And hey, best of all... it's free!

Eric Isaacson

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2008
Downloaded it and I'm looking forward to checking it out.

Thanks for the heads up, I missed it on the store when I checked this morning.

macduke

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
Wow, this game has pretty good graphics and tons of options, but boy do those controls take some getting used to. Plus its hard to jump forward. I got stuck in a well on one of the levels and kept getting eaten or some crap like that. Weird.

spyker3292

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2005
Michigan
Wow, this game has pretty good graphics and tons of options, but boy do those controls take some getting used to. Plus its hard to jump forward. I got stuck in a well on one of the levels and kept getting eaten or some crap like that. Weird.

I think the jump and menu buttons should be swapped. Then it would be easy to jump and move. Ugh, there are so many ideas I have that could easily fix this game.... Why did it have to be a direct port? It comes with tons of crap (the editor, online which I don't think works, too many maps, small text, bad menus, etc.). I usually get around 9 FPS on some maps (the FPS is really really really small in the bottom right).

liptonlover

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2008
I downloaded, but I'm not touching it again until an update. The controls aren't unusable, but I don't feel like getting so used to the hardest controls I've ever seen. The framerate depends on the map, and don't forget there's some cryptic settings you can change that help.

shigzeo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2005
Japan
shiny screen!

i have tried it out but my room is far too shiny in the morning to get any real gameplay. ill have to sneak a game in when i am home from work! excited. looks cool and so far the controls seem quite good

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.