Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jw nyc

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 31, 2008
I have a GREAT idea for an iPhone app but I have no idea how to program for the platform. Do any of you know any websites to find developers or contacts that I could partner with in order to develop the app? Thanks!

Pring

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2003
iPhoneDevSdk.com has a forum for that.

Make sure you prepare an NDA before giving the idea away though and be prepared to pay more for the dev or get a smaller share of the profit that you expect.

Having an idea is easy, implementing it is the hard part.

jw nyc

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 31, 2008
iPhoneDevSdk.com has a forum for that.

Make sure you prepare an NDA before giving the idea away though and be prepared to pay more for the dev or get a smaller share of the profit that you expect.

Having an idea is easy, implementing it is the hard part.

Thanks Pring...what do you think is a fair split of the profits?

kage207

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
That's the dumbest thing I've heard. Coming up with the is hard. Implementing it is the easy part, it's transforming idea that is some what difficult. But should be rather easy. Now, the hard part on the iPhone, is that much of the memory is limited and that is a lot of work.

return7

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2008
That's the dumbest thing I've heard. Coming up with the is hard. Implementing it is the easy part, it's transforming idea that is some what difficult. But should be rather easy. Now, the hard part on the iPhone, is that much of the memory is limited and that is a lot of work.

I disagree. Most people can come up with ideas that appeal to at least a decent subset of iPhone users. I agree that execution is key, though.

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley
Phase 1: Enrolled developers who understand the SDK are scarce, and almost any decent idea sells well in the App store. SDK developers who can execute are king.

Phase 2: There are more SDK developers looking for work, and most of the non-innovative ideas are taken. A good idea that will stand out in the App store, or a hidden vertical market, become king.

Phase 3: The App store gets so crowded that it's hard to make a new or even a good idea stand out. The majority of developers working by themselves sell only tiny quantities of their new apps. Marketing, promotion and branding become king.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.