PDA

View Full Version : Are you contributing to the Obama inaugu-stration?

nbs2
Nov 19, 2008, 11:49 AM
As has been the case as of late, DC is not going to get enough federal money to pay for the inauguration and all the related goings on. I'm astounded at the potential cost and at the 1.5million people that Del. Norton thinks will attend. (if she's right, my couch may become available for the right price)

According to CNN a couple days ago Bush raised the few million in funds primarily from corp donors at 250k@, which I expect Obama will avoid, to pay the overage.

As cammpaign funds may not be used to pay for the festivities, expect the fund-raising machine to come knocking again.

Will you donate?

Link (http://www.dcexaminer.com/local/Soaring_costs_for_inauguration_could_break_the_bank_for_DC11-18.html)

leekohler
Nov 19, 2008, 12:09 PM
What's an inaugustration? :)

nbs2
Nov 19, 2008, 12:22 PM
What's an inaugustration? :)

I figure once he's sworn in, it'll be his administration, and I'm sure there will still be things to pay for. Maybe inaugu-ministration would have been better?

JBazz
Nov 19, 2008, 12:24 PM
Hell no I am not going to donate my money so a bunch or rich people and celebrities can have a party.

Let Oprah pay for it.

leekohler
Nov 19, 2008, 12:26 PM
I figure once he's sworn in, it'll be his administration, and I'm sure there will still be things to pay for. Maybe inaugu-ministration would have been better?

Haha! OK.

And no- I don't intend to give any more money to the Obama campaign. He won already.

abijnk
Nov 19, 2008, 01:01 PM

I figured that you just totally butchered the spelling of "inauguration." ;)

I'm not contributing, but I'm on the list to get tickets. *crosses finger harder*

EDIT:
Hell no I am not going to donate my money so a bunch or rich people and celebrities can have a party.

Let Oprah pay for it.

Just FYI, its a little more than that...

ucfgrad93
Nov 19, 2008, 01:03 PM
Hell no I am not going to donate my money so a bunch of rich people and celebrities can have a party.

Let Oprah pay for it.

Agreed. Not one red cent will come from me.

Cleverboy
Nov 19, 2008, 01:39 PM
It's a shame he's got so much money left over from being elected, and can't use a dime of it for his own inauguration. I might give something, but I'm not sure what I'd be funding them to do. --If its to help the transition, I'm all for it. Lots of work to do, and not enough money to pay for it.

~ CB

bigjnyc
Nov 19, 2008, 01:44 PM
I refuse to donate money for a party that i'm not attending.

jplan2008
Nov 19, 2008, 02:40 PM
It's a shame he's got so much money left over from being elected, and can't use a dime of it for his own inauguration. I might give something, but I'm not sure what I'd be funding them to do. --If its to help the transition, I'm all for it. Lots of work to do, and not enough money to pay for it.

~ CB

I think those are two different things. I've already gotten emails requesting help with the transition fund, with a link to contribute -- I'm pretty sure the inauguration committee deals with the inauguration.

https://donate.obamabidentransitionproject.org/page/contribute