PDA

View Full Version : Bluray Pictures

ildondeigiocchi
Nov 19, 2008, 04:46 PM
Can anyone post pictures of a Bluray drive on their Mac Pro.

Tallest Skil
Nov 19, 2008, 09:02 PM
I can post a picture of the BD/HD DVD drive that WILL be in my Mac Pro.

Seriously, why do you need a picture of it? It's just a normal drive routed down to one of the open SATA ports on the motherboard.

And you can't play BD or HD DVD movies in OS without ripping them to the hard drive in Windows using AnyDVD HD.

grue
Nov 19, 2008, 09:08 PM
Normal-looking 5.25" drive in a Mac Pro. How… erotic.

inigel
Nov 20, 2008, 04:06 AM
Normal-looking 5.25" drive in a Mac Pro. How… erotic.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!:D

IroquoisPliskin
Nov 20, 2008, 06:32 AM
Look at your DVD drive. Put your finger over the DVD logo and imagine it says "BluRay".

scottydawg
Nov 20, 2008, 12:02 PM
Get the BluRay plug in for Toast, put a normal DVD+R in your Superdrive, burn up to 30 minutes of BluRay right from the normal drive... hit eject and before you do anything else take a picture of the stock drive with with the disc in the tray! Done, BluRay burner w/disc :)

ildondeigiocchi
Nov 20, 2008, 02:55 PM
I just wanted to see some pics to think of which drive to buy. LOL;) I wanted to know if all drives will fit in the mac pro because the slot ejecter (if thats the correct term) seems quite small compared to regular drives. Is this true?

Darth.Titan
Nov 20, 2008, 03:15 PM
Again, not sure why it matters what it looks like. All you are going to see outside of the MP case is the tray. A BR tray looks just like a CD/DVD tray.

If you really need to see one, go to newegg.com and look them up. Pics are there aplenty.

ildondeigiocchi
Nov 20, 2008, 06:16 PM
I wanted to know if all drives will fit in the mac pro because the slot ejecter (if thats the correct term) seems quite small compared to regular drives. Is this true?

zmttoxics
Nov 20, 2008, 06:56 PM
There is no slot ejector. It's a drive mechanic. Any drive will work.

ildondeigiocchi
Nov 20, 2008, 07:30 PM
There is no slot ejector. It's a drive mechanic. Any drive will work.

Thanks for your help.