Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dukie13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2008
hi everyone a few days ago I spilt milk on my Macbook keyboard and now a few of the keys don't work. I left it to dry and switched it off immediately, the macbook is fine it's just a few of the keys! Can I remove the individual keys and clean them out? how do I do this?

stone80a

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2008
I actually managed to drown my Iphone in beer the other day - it was totally covered with beer all over the glass surface for like 4 seconds, so I thought I could kiss it goodbye. But nothing happened with it...

Yep, Iphoning and drinking does go hand in hand apparently.

clyde2801

macrumors 601
I actually managed to drown my Iphone in beer the other day - it was totally covered with beer all over the glass surface for like 4 seconds, so I thought I could kiss it goodbye. But nothing happened with it...

Yep, Iphoning and drinking does go hand in hand apparently.

Sir, I'm afraid I'm going to have to place you under arrest for dialing under the influence.

dukie13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2008
thanks MacGeek and silverback i will most certainly get one of those! I heard that after you take of a key it is hard to get it back on though, has anyone tried it before? Do you think it will be effective if i can them off and clean it out?

troublesomekila

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2008
I got the iSkin Keyboard because of that reason, I mean I usually dont spill anything on my keyboards but its always nice to have something like it just in case

wheelhot

macrumors 68020
Nov 23, 2007
I got my self a CapDase KeySaver, works well so far, it has a nice palm rest but after half year of use, the part that cover the trackpad keypad is getting loose. Guess that happens to silicon. Anyway love that it have some air holes at the keys 1,2,3, and 4. It doesn't interrupt using the keypads though.

Anyway I got myself these on the first week I got my MBP because:
1. avoid the problem that you got.
2. reduce the typing sound (very useful in class)
3. easier to clean (also keeps the new feeling when I use it without the protection)

dukie13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2008
haha i know condoms are quite distracting...yeah im never eating around this thing again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.