Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shecky

Original poster
May 24, 2003
Obviously you're not a golfer.
out of nowhere, not dropped, nothing.

just all of sudden it reboots randomly, screen sliding acts jerky or will not move at all and acts frozen, i get one tiny bar of service and no AT+T logo at all where before there was service, it appears to just shut off out of nowhere and then with a dozen presses to the home button it will work for a minute then appear to shut off again.

this phone is maybe 6 weeks old at the most and was an in store replacement for a cracked white 3g 16GB.

i have restored it about 3 times to no avail - first did a restore off a backup and then 2 totally clean restores.

any ideas? i guess i need to make a genius bar appointment...

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Jul 30, 2007
Great! It's under warranty. Can you reproduce these occurrences at the Genius Bar?

shecky

Original poster
May 24, 2003
Obviously you're not a golfer.
according to the genius it was "wonky flash memory" - she could not even restore it, could not even get to try to replicate my issues.

so, now i am using new phone number 3 as we speak :)

i have to say with all the issues people have with apple and tech support. etc... the 2 times i have gone in it has taken 5 minutes with no arguments whatsoever and been handed a new phone. i have been quite pleased.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.