Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iParis

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
For some reason I get this message every time.
I have tried switching out cords.
This seems to happen when it is backing up during the install.
So restoring from back up probably won't fix it since I can't back it up.

Anybody with advice or experience this?
EDIT: I forgot to mention that I'm not actually disconnecting my iPod, it just says I am. And iTunes doesn't eject it either because after I press ok my iPod is still there.

Attachments

• 2.2 Error.JPG
    2.2 Error.JPG
    244.6 KB · Views: 108

blufkin

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2008
Mine did the same thing . I then read that must have the most current version of iTunes. Once it was installed I had to restore my Touch but it all worked out.

iParis

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
Mine did the same thing . I then read that must have the most current version of iTunes. Once it was installed I had to restore my Touch but it all worked out.

Ok, thank you.

Grrr... I really don't feel like restoring, especially since I don't feel like reorganizing my 4 pages of apps.
Were you able to back up before restoring?

blufkin

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2008
I had just done a full backup last weekend so I got lucky. Once I got the error message I had no choice but to restore.

iParis

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
Dammit!
If I restore I will lose all my music and videos.
The reason I won't be able to put them back on, at least not now, is because I'm doing this with a PC that doesn't have my music on it.

And I can't use my other computer because it's getting fixed right now! Dammit!
>.<

Are you guys with the same problem running on Windows or Mac?

iParis

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
Well, I don't know how I did it but I got it to work without having to restore it!
I just right clicked and told it to back up (which I knew wasn't going to work), then while it was doing that I told it to update.
I expected to get the same error but it just continued.

I was really scared when it said installing because I thought it was going to restore it too.
And then I was scared even more when I saw the Apple logo appear on my iPod and it restart.
But then to my amazement everything was exactly the same (except for what the updates changed)!
Don't ask me how I did it in detail, I just got lucky.

Well there's your problem, you're running it on Windows. :D:p

Exactly... iTunes runs like crap on Windows.
Come on Mac Mini update!

grandmachar2002

macrumors member
May 17, 2008
Well, I don't know how I did it but I got it to work without having to restore it!
I just right clicked and told it to back up (which I knew wasn't going to work), then while it was doing that I told it to update.
I expected to get the same error but it just continued.

I was really scared when it said installing because I thought it was going to restore it too.
And then I was scared even more when I saw the Apple logo appear on my iPod and it restart.
But then to my amazement everything was exactly the same (except for what the updates changed)!
Don't ask me how I did it in detail, I just got lucky.

Exactly... iTunes runs like crap on Windows.
Come on Mac Mini update!

hopefully a minitower!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.