Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UgLy KoeRner

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2008
Toronto
Hello everyone, I just simply want to get the music off a CD and transfer it into my Ipod touch, and Im guessing I need to change it to Mp3.Any help on this would be more then appreciated, Have a killer weekend.;)

-U

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
It's really easy.

1. Insert CD.
2. Start iTunes if it doesn't happen automatically.
3. Click "Import CD" in the bottom-right corner.

:)

UgLy KoeRner

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2008
Toronto
So its good to go right away, is there any converting I need to do? lets say as in do I need to convert it to Mp3 ? and if so how? or does it all do it on its own and I can play it right away after SYNC?:rolleyes:

J the Ninja

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
So its good to go right away, is there any converting I need to do? lets say as in do I need to convert it to Mp3 ? and if so how? or does it all do it on its own and I can play it right away after SYNC?:rolleyes:

Converting is part of importing, you can adjust settings by going to iTunes* > Preferences and clicking "Import Settings"

Once you hit "Import Disc", you just need to wait for it to finish, then plug in your iPod and wait a few minutes while it sends the music over.

*If you are using windows, you don't have the iTunes menu, so Prefs are on the Edit menu instead.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.