PDA

View Full Version : anyone play songs backwards?

bennetsaysargh
Feb 13, 2004, 10:06 PM
i just found out how to use sound studio to play audio in reverse. walk this way i think says have some coke :eek:

can anyone think of songs where you can hear stuff in reverse?

Doctor Q
Feb 13, 2004, 10:09 PM
I was listening to a lot of Beatles music Sunday and Monday since they were in the news a lot. Their song "Rain" was made with forwards and backwards bits of tape, so you hear the same chorus with both "raaaaaaaain" and "niaaaaaaaar".

Sasha3
Feb 14, 2004, 04:03 PM
No.

scem0
Feb 15, 2004, 10:24 AM
Does 'Work It' by Missy Elliott count? :p

I'm a big Missy fan, and she says "I put my thang down flip it and reverse it" backwards in the chorus.

Things like that are what set Missy apart from other artists, and ultimately put her in a 1 person genre. Go missy! :D

scem0

bennetsaysargh
Feb 15, 2004, 12:16 PM
go missy indeed.:p

i played it backwards. that's so cool! the thing she says after put my thang down flip it and reverse it is put my thang down flip it and reverse it backwards and visa versa. that's awesome!

vollspacken
Feb 16, 2004, 05:00 AM
I only listen to music playing backwards...

by doing so, I can better hear the evil messages that are hidden within the tracks which want to make me go take drugs and kill my self in a satanic kind of way... :eek: :rolleyes:

I always do that on my Pat Boone, Creed, and Jars Of Clay records... those guys are frikken evil folk, damnit!!!

:eek: ;) :D

vSpacken

bennetsaysargh
Feb 16, 2004, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by vollspacken
I only listen to music playing backwards...

by doing so, I can better hear the evil messages that are hidden within the tracks which want to make me go take drugs and kill my self in a satanic kind of way... :eek: :rolleyes:

I always do that on my Pat Boone, Creed, and Jars Of Clay records... those guys are frikken evil folk, damnit!!!

:eek: ;) :D

vSpacken

oh yeah. creed is sooo satanic ;) :p.

trogdor! :p

applemacdude
Feb 16, 2004, 10:13 AM
Yeah I also like it when you make them talk really fast and it makes it sound like Chipmunks or something...

spiraliv
Feb 16, 2004, 01:03 PM
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playlistId=112271&selectedItemId=112269

This song is meant to be played in either direction.

bennetsaysargh
Feb 16, 2004, 05:35 PM
wow. all i listened to was the preview and im scared to download it:p
maybe the next song i get from a pepsi i will :p

OldMr.Fart
Jul 19, 2004, 08:33 AM
I dont know if you guys ever heard of the band called smash mouth (the band that did the opening scene for shrek) well if you play their song in reverse when the song is 2:27 in (its been playing for 2 min 27 secs) then you can hear the song say "What a loser you are" :p

iGav
Jul 19, 2004, 09:32 AM
The only time I've ever listened to any song backwards was just to hear what Pete Buck's backward solo on 'What's The Frequency Kenneth?' actually sounded like. :)

But that's it. ;)

SilentPanda
Jul 19, 2004, 01:54 PM
There's a song by Weird Al called... "What About Larry" I believe that if you play a part of it backwards it says that you have too much free time on your hangs.

iLikeMyiMac
Jul 19, 2004, 03:17 PM
Party Posse/N*SYNC---Join The Navy lyric

There's trouble in a far off nation
Gotta get in a love formation
Your love's more deadly than Saddam
That's why we gotta drop the bomb!
[Party posse!!]
[Yelling]
Yvan eht nioj..
Yvan eht nioj..
Yvan eht nioj
NIOJ!!
If your in a mess
You'll come around
And you'll sing it again
Yvan eht NIOJ!!
Yvan eht nioj..
Yvan eht nioj..
Yvan eht nioj..
NIOJ!!

iLikeMyiMac
Jul 19, 2004, 03:24 PM
ok it took me a while to figure out how to open mp3s (import with quicktime?) but I can't figure out how to get them to play backward.
edit: nevermind I figured it out. command + A then filter, backwards

obeygiant
Jul 19, 2004, 04:11 PM
If you play Queen's "Another on Bites the Dust" backwards
it says "start to smoke marijuana"

http://itsfuntosmokepot.ytmnd.com/
(give it a sec to load)

or

http://marijuanaqueen.ytmnd.com/

iLikeMyiMac
Jul 19, 2004, 05:36 PM
I uploaded some songs to my spymac account if you want to hear them backwards. Sorry if it takes a while to load spymac is like that sometimes.
Aerosmith - Walk This Way/ Have some coke download (http://iamthewalrus.spymac.net/downloads/walkthiswayhavesomecoke.wav)
Britney Spears - Hit Me baby One more time/ Sleep with me I'm not too young download (http://iamthewalrus.spymac.net/downloads/sleepwithmeimnottooyoung.aiff)
Beatles - I'm so tired/ Paul is Dead, Miss him, miss him, miss him download (http://iamthewalrus.spymac.net/downloads/paulisdeadmisshim.wav)

12ibookg4
Jul 19, 2004, 07:16 PM
wow. ilikemyimac, that's cool. thanks for the links

iLikeMyiMac
Jul 19, 2004, 07:27 PM
wow. ilikemyimac, that's cool. thanks for the links Yeah I got my weekend plans already. Convert my iTunes library to play backwards then smoke some pot and listen to the songs for sublimal messages. ;) :eek: j/k

obeygiant
Jul 19, 2004, 07:34 PM
Yeah I got my weekend plans already. Convert my iTunes library to play backwards then smoke some pot and listen to the songs for sublimal messages. ;) :eek: j/k

hey man, that should be like EVERY weekend y'know!

Abstract
Jul 20, 2004, 10:10 AM
(still trying to figure out how to play music backwards)

Argggh!!! :mad:

iLikeMyiMac
Jul 20, 2004, 11:23 AM
(still trying to figure out how to play music backwards)

Argggh!!! :mad:
open up Sound Studio (should be in applications folder)
File > Import with QuickTime, then select the song. It will take a few seconds to open. Then Select All (command + a ) Then Filter > Backwards

Abstract
Jul 21, 2004, 12:55 AM
Oh, that's why I couldn't figure it out. My rev B 12" Powerbook currently running Panther 10.3.4 didn't come with Sound Studio.

*smacks head*

Nermal
Jul 21, 2004, 01:15 AM
I can't remember the song or band, but there's one that goes "little lamb, little lamb, Mary classic" when played backwards. Not particularly interesting but it's the best I have.

bennetsaysargh
Jul 21, 2004, 08:40 AM
Oh, that's why I couldn't figure it out. My rev B 12" Powerbook currently running Panther 10.3.4 didn't come with Sound Studio.

*smacks head*

http://www.felttip.com/products/soundstudio/

you can get a free trial here if you'd like.

yuc7zhd2
Jul 21, 2004, 02:53 PM
The song Pry, To by Pearl Jam on Vitalogy, when played backwards includes the phrase Pete Townshend oh you saved my life. How true.

rock6079
Aug 5, 2004, 03:44 PM
stairway to heaven, play it backwards the part where it says "if theres a bussle in the hedgegrow" theres some talk about satan..

Colonel Panik
Aug 15, 2004, 05:18 PM
An early Anthrax song: Efilnikufecin.
Danzig in his Samhain days had some backward parts.
And there's an infinity of reverse guitar and drum parts.

My friend and myself did this. We used to play guitars (and whatever was lying around) and sing, and then we'd make a copy of the tape, take it out and put it in backwards, and then learn the songs that way.
Sometimes we'd take a commercial song we liked and learn it backwards, change the lyrics to something new and have our own song.

Another cool thing was to take 33rpm albums and play them at 45rpm. Not as daft as it sounds, there was a Led Zeppelin song which was recorded at 33rpm, made sense when played at 45rpm.

I always wanted a sound rack for guitar and vocals which would have a delayed reverse reverb. I got it working in a shop one day and they asked me to stop because it was freaky. The sound came out normally, and then the reverse reverb kicked it, playing it again, but backwards.

I also broke a video camera by hooking it up to the TV, and videoing the TV. The feedback is basically an zoom into an infinite black and white fractal. Way cool. But it burned out the CCD.

*Sighs*... those were the days...

iLikeMyiMac
Aug 15, 2004, 05:39 PM
I also broke a video camera by hooking it up to the TV, and videoing the TV. The feedback is basically an zoom into an infinite black and white fractal. Way cool. But it burned out the CCD.

*Sighs*... those were the days...
I did that with a camera too. How long did you have it on for it to burn out the CCD?

Colonel Panik
Aug 16, 2004, 10:58 AM
I did that with a camera too. How long did you have it on for it to burn out the CCD?

It was an S-VHS recorder, and I filled a tape with it. So, including experimentation, I'd say three or four hours.

Needless to say I'm more responsible now.

anivamp
Sep 26, 2004, 09:01 PM
http://www3.telus.net/jefmil/stairwaybackwards.htm

crackrock
Sep 26, 2004, 09:59 PM
The song 'Darkness Of Christ' by Slayer off 'God Hates Us All' has a lot of backwards speech... sounds pretty cool :-)

just tried the sound studio thing after wondering for a few years what all that noise was at the beginning of the album.... It's a secret message!

thanks!

bennetsaysargh
Sep 26, 2004, 10:15 PM
http://www3.telus.net/jefmil/stairwaybackwards.htm

nice one. i never heard about the "i'm so tired" one. i knew it :)