Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sash

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 23, 2004
Hi,

All of a sudden, Vista x64 (on a Mac Pro) does not recognise standard Pioneer DVR-112D drive any more. Obviously, I can not reinstall the BC drivers (drive down). No drivers on Pioneer's site. Have tried to repair the drive via System -> Device Manager = no result.

Drive works perfectly in Mac OS, thus the issue must be windows-related.

What can / should I do?

Thanks,
sash

ildondeigiocchi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2007
Montreal
Did you install any updates lately. I saw this video of a guy who installed 14 updates and his SATA drives were no longer recognized. Do you have ATA or SATA interface. Try calling Apple support.

sash

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 23, 2004
Did you install any updates lately. I saw this video of a guy who installed 14 updates and his SATA drives were no longer recognized. Do you have ATA or SATA interface. Try calling Apple support.

It's ATA, and this issue indeed could be due to these f)@&é43 windows updates (last time there were about 20 of them)... I know, I can uninstal them or (probably better) run system restore, but I have hoped there is some better way to get windows recognise the drive again.

sash

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.