Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wallace86

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 5, 2007
Can I record lectures with my ipod touch as my friend does with his Ipod classic (he has a special mic attached to his which does a good job of recording). Thanks guys!

Wallace86

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 5, 2007
pleassse help...like what kinda mike would i want 2 use? like could i somehow connect my usb mic?

scrappledog

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2008
I've been asking this lots of places and haven't gotten any promising leads yet. I want to be able to plug in a decent small mic (just a bud, no wire, etension, etc.) and do interviews. Don't know what mic or what program supports this.

fasequeira

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2008
1G or 2G

Do you have a 1G or 2G Touch?

The 2G will let you plug a mic into the headphone jack as long as the connector is right. Then all you need is an app that will allow voice memos or recording. Haven't looked for one yet, so don't know if there is an app available yet.

fasequeira

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2008
And if it's the 1G touch, there is not an audio input on it - the hardware just isn't capable of recording.

Almost true.

IF you have a jailbroken touch:

There is an add-on mic for the 1G that you can buy that connects through the dock. touchmic

This or some homebrew dock connecting mics would probably work.

Wallace86

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 5, 2007
i have a 2g touch - which i thought was an upgrade to the 1rst gen - now i wish i would have gotten a 1rst gen, since it can be jailbroken and such - and has a compatable mike. such bs, lol. frack.

mackmgg

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
i have a 2g touch - which i thought was an upgrade to the 1rst gen - now i wish i would have gotten a 1rst gen, since it can be jailbroken and such - and has a compatable mike. such bs, lol. frack.

ACTUALLY it is good you got the 2nd gen as it supports a mic nativly w/o the need 2 jailbreak. all you need is any iphone compatible mic and it will work w/ the ipod touch 2g.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.