PDA

View Full Version : want to switch to powerbook...

sselmon
Feb 14, 2004, 12:35 AM
i just bought a new ibook g4 933 384ram about five days ago..and i've been seriously contemplating getting a powerbook.

initially, i tried to see if i could return the ibook, unopened, for an exchange..but no one would let me and applestore wouldn't accept the return because i've upgraded the memory and had an airport extreme installed.

i'm a graphic/web designer and i'm sure the ibook will do the job, but will i get more for my money for the powerbook?

my b/f, who is sitting next to me, has a 12" powerbook (not to mention i'm not too fond of the bigger screen) and his display is so much 'crisper' than mine.

any advice would be appreciated.

MacNut
Feb 14, 2004, 01:08 AM
If you didn't get it BTO you could of easily returned it. If its still in the box unopened you should get good money for it on ebay.

MacNut
Feb 14, 2004, 01:13 AM
You will always get your moneys worth on a Powerbook because of the faster Processor and bigger hard drives. I would get the 15" 1.25ghz if your doing graphic design, all the screen room you can get will help. Plus it includes an airport extreme card built in and 512mb of ram standard.

virividox
Feb 14, 2004, 04:53 AM
well i would try selling it via ebay or other forums.

i guess now u know getting the BTO u need to be sure of your purchase.

but i would stick with the ibook. they sell well even after a couple years of use. but the same goes with the powerbook.