Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TSE

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
Hi guys. I have a first generation iPod Mini, and last week I replaced the battery. It was an easy process except for taking the connector at the bottom of the iPod I had a little trouble and accidentally peeled a part of it off. I didn't have problems until today. Today the clickwheel is working, and all the buttons work except the middle button which you use to select things, and the play/pause button. Without these buttons, I cannot do anything! I don't know what to do, I tried restoring the iPod, turning it off/on, updating the iPod, everything.

upsguy27

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2007
Utah
Hi guys. I have a first generation iPod Mini, and last week I replaced the battery. It was an easy process except for taking the connector at the bottom of the iPod I had a little trouble and accidentally peeled a part of it off. I didn't have problems until today. Today the clickwheel is working, and all the buttons work except the middle button which you use to select things, and the play/pause button. Without these buttons, I cannot do anything! I don't know what to do, I tried restoring the iPod, turning it off/on, updating the iPod, everything.

Open it up again and see if anything came loose in the process of replacing the battery.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.