Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dannster

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 10, 2008
London, UK
Hi guys,

I've had the Rev A 64SSD for about 4-6 weeks (brand new from Apple), and last night when it reached low battery with 18 minutes left I plugged in the charger. A couple of hours later I unplugged it and it still only had 18 minutes remaining. That was bizarre because it was obviously plugged in and switched on (the screen goes brighter once the charger is plugged in).

I tried again this morning and the same thing :( It only stays on if it's plugged in!

Do I need to return it? Can I go into the Apple store if I bought it online? If it does have to be sent away, do they provide a replacement?

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
Yeah you can go to the apple store and they'll take a look and replace it for you if they find your fault to be true, back up all your data though as sometimes I think they do an outright replacement, so you wont be getting your machine back with a new battery, you'll get a utterly different one...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.