Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OwenHughes86

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 4, 2008
I bought an iPod Touch (1st gen) second hand and it works like a dream.

I have had it for a few months with no problems. Now that it is getting a bit full (memory wise) I am starting to lose my cool with how many podcasts are left over from the previous owner.

When I connect my iPod to iTunes (8.0.2 running on a mac) underneath my podcast 'link' on my iTunes there is a list of all the previous owner's podcasts in kind of a shadowy grey. I am unable to select/delete these or do much with them at all. I have selected them all and marked them as 'used' or 'listened to' or something. Thinking this would get rid of them after syncing because my default setting is to delete listened to podcasts.

I am also unable to delete the podcasts on my iPod Touch - despite trying the right-to-left swipe over the podcast - which usually offers a delete button.

I am now losing my rag completely with iTunes and its inability to offer me a 'delete' button for these! Hopefully I am missing something really obvious.

Thanks in advance

Owen

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.